No matter your industry, technology is the lifeblood that keeps everything running and moving forward. Computers and networks manage a wide array of systems and processes everyday: communications, inventory, purchases, scheduling, accounting, internet access, and even the security of your business’ data and that of your customers. The maintenance of those systems is essential to keep your business running smoothly. Even if you’ve been using the same IT service provider for years, here are five signs that it’s time for a change:
- Recurring issues: You and staff experience the same technical problems over and over. Maybe it’s email. Maybe it’s a VPN problem. Whatever the issue, they just never seem to be fully or effectively resolved, and all you get are excuses.
- Slow response times: Your current IT service provider takes longer and longer to respond to IT support requests. Maybe, when you first started with them, service was great but has started to slide, negatively impacting productivity or creating delays.
- Reactive monitoring or maintenance: Your current IT team doesn’t proactively monitor network, systems, or processes to make sure they’re always ahead of things. They deal with problems as they come up instead of planning ahead to avoid problems in the first place.
- Limited expertise or outdated technology: Your current IT team seems to lack proficiency in some areas, seems unaware of trends, or uses outdated technology. If they’re not actively staying on top of and in front of ever-changing technology, chances are the security and strength of your network could be at risk.
- Poor communication and lack of transparency: Your current IT team doesn’t clearly communicate important updates, fully share information, or keep you in the loop on bigger issues. You always hear about things after the fact or in pieces, jeopardizing your ability to think and plan strategically.
It’s easy to stick with the familiar. But, left unchecked, that complacency can cause long-term issues for your business. You have lots of options and shouldn’t put up with an IT service provider that is unable to meet your business needs. It doesn’t matter how friendly they are or even if they offer a great deal. In some cases, sticking with a service provider that you’ve outgrown could actually harm your bottom line. Not sure what to look for or where to begin? D2 Worldwide is your IT services partner. We’ve helped local and regional businesses for more than 19 years. We can help you think through and understand your options. Contact us today for more information on what to look for.