Documents & Design (D2) is looking for a qualified full-time TECHNICAL WRITER to support communications needs for global clients. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working alone and in a collaborative environment. This individual should be a strong communicator, with keen attention to detail and a customer-centric attitude.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the design and development of instructional collateral for specific audiences. You will help ensure compliance with brand and quality standards. You will work alone and with teams, both client (brand, product and sourcing managers, engineers, technicians) and colleagues (writers, editors, usability reviewers, graphic designers, project managers). The ideal candidate will be organized, a fast learner and able to easily adapt to rapid changes. Our sole focus is providing best-in-class content and service. You will have a significant role in helping us achieve both.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join an established organization. D2 offers paid training, a competitive wage, PTO, flexible work environment, and bonus after one year. Also available are employee purchase and product sample programs. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely.
- Produce high-quality documentation (including user manuals, installation manuals, quick setup guides and more) for consumer products
- Determine how products work by collaborating with SMEs, reviewing source materials, and/or working with product samples
- Explain how to set up and use products in audience-focused language that’s easy to understand; advocate for the customer, focusing on the audience’s needs when writing
- Follow style guidelines and standards for multiple clients and/or brands
- Lay out text and graphics in documents with a thoughtful information hierarchy
- Collaborate with graphic designers and behavioral scientists on projects to continually ensure a holistic, user-friendly approach across all documents, products and clients
- B.A. degree in English, Communications, Business Administration, Technical Writing, or related field
- 2-5 years of experience writing for consumer tech or related field
- Excellent writing skills, including thoughtful information hierarchy and great sentence structure
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Technical aptitude, critical thinking, ability to understand basic product features, exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Able to make complex technical subjects easy to comprehend.
- Resourceful, able to take initiative, multi-task, take direction from multiple sources
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to take on new challenges and build on current skills
- Excited about consumer products
- Proficient with Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word
For more information, contact us below or upload and send your resume from this page.